(March 15, 2020) – Due to the critical state of the public health crisis and the new CDC guidelines on crowd size, we have made the painful decision to cancel our 2020 Vegfest Los Angeles festival scheduled for May 3, 2020. The safety of thousands of festival attendees, along with exhibitors, volunteers, coordinators, guest speakers, and security officers played a major role in our decision. The unpredictable nature of this situation was also a big factor – we don’t know if it will be safe to hold to festival in May and by the time we know it could be too late to get food exhibitors signed up and file the required Health Department permits. We considered postponing the festival but future available dates to use the park take us too far into the extreme heat summer months.
For nearly two decades, this festival has been our contribution to saving animals’ lives, so it truly breaks our heart to do this. We are committed to Vegfest Los Angles returning next year – SAVE THE DATE for May 2, 2021!
Stay tuned! Our team is fast at work on something fun to make up for the festival this year. Get on our mailing list to be among the first to know. Announcement coming soon. Sign up here: https://vegfestla.org/
VegFest Los Angeles 2021 will be held on May 2nd, 2020 at Woodley Park in Lake Balboa (San Fernando Valley) from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. We welcome attendees to a magnificent day filled with food, fun and inspiration. The combination of a delicious vegan international food court, great live music, empowering speakers on health, environmental, humanitarian and animal topics, kids’ activities, animal adoptions, an eco-marketplace with over 150 vendors, and more, make for an an unforgettable earth-friendly experience that is sure to be enjoyable for all!
Here’s What’s Happening at VegFest:
- Main Stage – amazing live music and celebrity speakers.
- Vegspiration Tent – speakers, discussions, and displays about health and all things vegan.
- Learning Kitchen – cooking demonstrations about healthy, simple, tasty and fun recipes.
- Exhibitors – more than 150 companies and organizations showcasing their products or eco- and animal-friendly messages.
- Kids’ Kingdom– storytelling, face painting, crafts, hula-hooping, chill-out fort, and children’s entertainers and other activities!
- Oasis Beer and Wine Garden – Refresh yourself in the Oasis located near the Main Stage!
- Animal Adoptions – dogs, cats, rabbits and lots of animals looking for good homes!
- ATM Access: There is an ATM machine on the grounds of the festival.
Admission prices – FREE!!! Yes – we’re happy to announce that VegFest Los Angeles 2020 will be FREE!
Towards Freedom is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization
Pets are not allowed except for service animals.
We are so sorry to say that due to strict Health Department regulations and liability issues we are unable to accommodate your dogs (even on-leash) at the event this year. We are all animal- lovers and this is really disappointing for us. If it was possible for us to have them, we would! However, you can still get your “dog-fix” and all the dog-licks you can handle by visiting the many adoptable dogs from rescue organizations that will be available at the festival. Service animals are allowed.